Thursday, June 2, 2011

Masucline Feminine

I'm not really sure what to write about, although I feel like I should write something.  Actually, that's not entirely true.  There are a multitude of subjects that I've been meaning to talk about, primarily in relation to the on-going attempt at chapters in a book which I've been attempting to write.  However, I simply don't feel like addressing some of the things which I intend to write about.  I've reached the point where I intend to talk about the man who broke my heart, not once, not twice, but multiple times.  But, I'm not sure I'm ready to exorcize that demon yet.

I've also been bottling up and stewing on a bunch of things.  These things mainly concern some people I see a lot.  Blogs are a little too public so I won't get into it here.  In fact, I'll probably just continue to let these things brew within my mind until they explode rather violently.

That's sort of what I tend to do: suppress my feelings until they explode in an over-the-top fashion.  Is that a little bit masculine?  I mean, in the old-fashioned sense of the term, at least?  When people stereotype men and women, isn't that a characteristic usually associated with men?  I've been thinking a lot about so-called "masculine" and "feminine" attributes.  It is the year 2011, and men and women are "equal," but I can't help but revert to old-school ideas of how men and women behave.

After talking with a friend of mine who lives miles and countries away last night, I realized that there are certain areas of my life in which I tend to take the male role.  She was talking about a guy she's dating (sort of) who always calls to talk, but usually backs out when date time comes.  Then when they're alone he doesn't try anything.  You know what I mean.  We agreed on the gender of this action and decided that she was definitely wearing the pants, if you will, in this situation.  I've recently found myself in some situations in which I feel the same way.  Again, I probably shouldn't say anything publicly.  Just in case. Who knows who's reading.

Anyways, I studied my Spanish today.  A lot came back easily.  I'm hoping there are a lot of words I'm picking up that are similar to Portuguese.  I need to start perfecting that if I really am going to move to Brazil.  No, not "if," "when." But still.

Well, this blog entry is going nowhere fast.  I should end it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment